Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Available online DMV services
Online services will be unavailable Sunday, April 20, from midnight to 6 a.m. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Change your address
Update your primary residence address for your driver license and any vehicles titled and/or leased to you, including your registration (license plates).
Find your closest DMV
Enter city or zip code to find closest DMV service center(s).
- Request your driver record
Download a particular driver record in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
- Request your vehicle record
Download a particular vehicle record in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
- Request incidents that prevent you from obtaining a DMV product
Find out if you have any restrictions (incidents) against your record that would prevent you from obtaining a DMV product.
- Apply for a duplicate driver license
- Apply for a duplicate or renewal ID card
- Check eligibility and reinstate your driving privilege
Find out if you are eligible to reinstate if your driver license is suspended, revoked, disqualified or cancelled, or learn how to become eligible.
- Driver license status check
Find out if your driver license is valid, suspended, revoked or disqualified.
- Financial responsibility
Find out how long you need to file proof of insurance (or whether you have acceptable proof of insurance filed).
- Occupational license eligibility - Find out if you are eligible for an occupational license if your driver license has been revoked or suspended.
- Schedule a road test
Schedule, reschedule, cancel or verify a road test.
- Upload your Fed Med card and certify your tier of operation
Application for Commercial Driver License (CDL) holders.
- Duplicate Certificate of Registration
Order a copy of the last issued registration for a vehicle. (Stickers cannot be ordered online through this application.)
- Electronic notification on license plate/registration renewal
Subscribe to receive your license plate renewal notices by email with optional text reminder.
License plate look up
Find out when your plate expires, is suspended or valid, an emissions test is required, or get an RRN number so you can renew your plates online.
- Lien look up
Find out if your lienholder has removed their lien from WisDOT records.
- Personalized plate look up
Find out if your choice for a personalized license plate is available.
- Renew your license plate
Online registration renewal is available for most vehicles.
- Replacement title
Order a replacement title for a vehicle.
- Transfer ownership of a vehicle online (eMV Public): eMV Public allows you to start the title transfer process for vehicles previously titled in Wisconsin.
Where's my title?
Find out if your title has been processed recently. Please allow 10 days from the process date to receive it by mail.
Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service
Last modified: July 2, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.