Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
St. Croix Crossing - Wisconsin Approach Project - Fast facts
St. Joseph and Houlton, St. Croix County
Construction is underway for the 2015 construction season. Traffic impacts are not expected until late April.
This three-mile project completes the WIS 64 majors project that was built in the early 2000s. The four-lane expressway from New Richmond to Houlton will now tie-in to the new St. Croix Crossing structure over the St. Croix River that is expected to open in 2016. The project includes:
- WIS 35 overpass over the new WIS 64, located near the main bridge
- WIS 35/County E interchange
- Pedestrian and bike path
- Two roundabouts located at the ramp terminals
H. James & Sons, Inc. will construct phase two of the Wisconsin approach. View the news release.
- Work to be completed in 2015:
- County E interchange structure
- Concrete pavement on County E
- Roundabout at WIS 35 and County E intersection
- Pedestrian/Bike underpass structure
- Preparation for concrete pavement in 2016
- Fall 2016 - Full project completion
- View project map
- View park and ride map
- WIS 35 bridge is open
- Traffic impacts expected to begin late April
Construction update: Week of March 16, 2015
- Pour final concrete section for the center piers of the interchange.
- Pour concrete floor for pedestrian underpass tunnel.
For more St. Croix Crossing project information:
- Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/stcroixcrossing
- Check us out on Facebook: facebook.com/saintcroixcrossingmndot
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotline: 855-GO CROIX ((855) 462-7649)
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Tim Mason, P.E. WisDOT Northwest Region Project Supervisor
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: March 17, 2015
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.