Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
St. Croix Crossing-Wisconsin Approach Project - Fast facts
St. Joseph and Houlton, St. Croix County
This three-mile project completes the WIS 64 majors project that was built in the early 2000's. The four lane expressway from New Richmond to Houlton will now tie-in to the new St. Croix Crossing structure over the St. Croix River that is expected to open in 2016. The project will include:
- WIS 35 overpass, located near the main bridge
- WIS 35/County E interchange
- Pedestrian and bike path
- Two roundabouts located at the ramp terminals
- Crews will begin mobilizing to the area in February
- Beginning March 10, 2014 – Work begins on Wisconsin approach. Primarily on the west side of WIS 35
- Week of March 17, 2014-WIS 35 will close while interchange is built. Detour will go into effect mid-March until July 3, 2014.
- Fall 2014 - First phase of this project will be completed
all 2016 - Full Project completion
Additional facts about Wisconsin approach work
- Approximately 9.6 million gallons of water can be held in the seven retention ponds that will be build
- 54 dotted blazing star plants were re-located in 2012. With the seeds that were collected, new seedlings have been planted in prairie land at the New Richmond, Hudson school districts as well as prairie land near Somerset
- A cattle pass will be built under County E
- The tree removals along the bluff have been monitored very closely by the Department of Natural Resources. Each individual tree was looked at to see if it should stay or if it had to be removed. The DNR is very conscious of the vegetation of the bluff, and jointly with the DOT, saving as many trees as possible is of the utmost importance.
For more St. Croix Crossing project information:
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/stcroixcrossing
- Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/saintcroixcrossingmndot
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotline: 855-GO CROIX (855-462-7649)
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Tim Mason, P.E. WisDOT Northwest Region Project Supervisor
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: February 5, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.