Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 64 Freeway/Expressway Designation and Conversion Study
St. Joseph-New Richmond,
St. Croix County
|View NW, WIS 64 Freeway/Expressway Designation and Conversion Study project location.|
An Environmental Assessment hearing will be held August 28 from 5-7:30 p.m. at Star Prairie Town Hall - 2118 Cook Drive, Somerset, WI.
Sign up for project updates to receive updates and notices via email on WIS 64 Freeway/Expressway Designation and Conversion Study.
WIS 64 corridor, 150th Ave. (St. Joseph) to WIS 65 (New Richmond), in St. Croix County.
- The study examines the existing environmental, social, and transportation related issues along WIS 64.
- This study, which is independent of the Stillwater Bridge project, is a planning and preservation project that will protect the safety and mobility of the traveling public by identifying the necessary future improvements and right of way needs to designate and physically convert the facility to a freeway and expressway.
- An official map and documentation declaring the facility as either a freeway or expressway will be the end products of this effort.
From start to finish, the two year study included two main phases:
- The study and Environmental Assessment (EA) phase identifies a range of alternatives that can be evaluated for social, cultural, and environmental impacts. A preferred alternative will be identified at the conclusion of the EA.
- An official map will be developed for the preferred alternative as the last stage of the study to preserve the needed right of way, close or convert the existing at-grade intersections to grade-separated crossings, and provide local road connections to the existing interchanges.
All stages of the study will include public involvement and coordination with federal, state, and local agencies.
- The study is now complete and actions have been proposed.
- Planning and preservation efforts currently have no immediate plans or allocated funds for construction at this time.
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: August 19, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.