Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 38 (Howell Ave.) - Fast facts
|View SE, WIS 38 (Howell Ave.), in Milwaukee and Oak Creek - Milwaukee County in a larger map.|
WIS 38 (Howell Ave.), Oakwood Rd. to Grange Ave., in the cities of Milwaukee and Oak Creek, in Milwaukee County.
On Howell Ave.
- The roadway will be milled and resurfaced with asphalt pavement
- Project will add right turn lanes, extend some left turn lanes and modify some median openings
- Traffic signals will be upgraded at eight existing intersections
- Minor geometric improvements will be done at intersections
- New concrete sidewalk will be installed along Howell Ave.
On WIS 119 (Airport Spur)
- The eastbound off and westbound on ramps at Howell Avenue construction include milling the asphalt and repairing the concrete pavement.
Promote your business during construction
The current condition of the roadway pavement is highly deteriorated. The base patching and resurfacing will improve the ride quality. The traffic signal upgrades and geometric improvements will improve the safety of the roadway. The addition of right-turn lanes and extending of left-turn lanes will help create a safer condition for vehicles turning left.
May 19 until late fall
- Work will be constructed in two stages.
- Stage 1 will close the median lane in both directions.
- Stage 2 will close the outside lane in both direction.
- During construction
- Traffic will be open to two lanes in each direction during day time work hours.
- Traffic may be reduced to one lane in each direction during night time hours.
- Work on WIS 119 ramps will be completed during Stage 2.
Tom Lazcano P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Brian DeNeve, WisDOT SE Region Communications
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
141 NW Barstow St.
P.O. Box 798
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Phone: (262) 548-5902
Fax: (262) 548-5662
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: May 28, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.