Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 12 Corridor, aka Baraboo Bypass
Baraboo, Sauk County
|View US 12 Corridor, aka Baraboo Bypass in a larger map.|
US 12, I-90/94 (Lake Delton) to Ski Hi Rd. (south of Baraboo), in Sauk County.
The project involves 11.1 miles of construction.
South section (green line on map)
- 5.4 miles of proposed four-lane bypass from Terrytown Rd. south to Ski Hi Rd. around the city of Baraboo.
- Interchanges scheduled to be constructed at WIS 136 and County W.
- South of Baraboo, freeway will change to an expressway with limited access to some businesses/homes and full access to the Lehman Rd. and Ski Hi Rd. intersections.
Bike/pedestrian accommodation (yellow line on map)
- Starts at the US 12 bypass along Fern Dell Rd. and ends at Frontage Rd. West (near the intersection of Wisconsin Dells Pkwy South and N. Gasser Rd.) in the village of Lake Delton.
- Located adjacent to north section of the US 12 bypass.
- Will connect to north section bypass project just west of the Giebel Ct./Moon Rd./Fern Dell Rd. roundabout.
North section (purple line on map) - Construction completed
- 5.7 miles of a four-lane bypass - I-90/94 (just north of Fern Dell Rd.) south to Terrytown Rd.
- Interchanges constructed near Fern Dell Rd., at North Reedsburg Rd. and at WIS 33.
- New US 12 passes over Fern Dell Rd., North Reedsburg Rd. and Terrytown Rd. and passes under Shady Ln., WIS 33 and Old WIS 33.
US 12 is a principal east-west connector route across south central Wisconsin and connects Dane and Sauk counties to the interstate system.
This section of US 12 serves as a prime tourism center with the various natural areas – Devil’s Lake and Mirror Lake State Parks, the many attractions in Lake Delton, Baraboo and Wisconsin Dells, and the Ho-Chunk Nation Casino.
Construction on north section started spring 2009 and was completed fall 2011.
Construction on south section scheduled to start spring 2015 or later with a scheduled completion date of fall 2017 or later.
Project cost estimated at $200 million (including design, real estate and construction).
- South section - Design work with construction scheduled for 2015 or later.
- Bike/pedestrian accommodations - Design work with construction scheduled for 2014.
- North section - Construction completed.
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, email@example.com
Last modified: June 23, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.