Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 18/151 Freeway Conversion Study
Dane and Iowa counties
Note - Environmental Study completed May 2014
|View US 18/151 (Dodgeville to Verona) Freeway Conversion Study in a larger map.|
US 18/151, US 18/151 (Dodgeville) to County MV (Verona), Dane and Iowa counties.
- US 18/151 is an important roadway connecting the major Midwest cities of Dubuque, Iowa and Madison, Wisconsin and is identified as a Backbone Route in WisDOT's Connections 2030 Plan.
- The plan places high priority in protecting these highway investments that connect major economic/population centers and carry long-distance, statewide traffic.
- The purpose of this study is to develop a long-term highway plan for converting this 28 mile portion of US 18/151 to a freeway.
- The Study will result in a plan for the eventual removal of all direct access by existing local roads and driveways onto US 18/151.
- This study is focusing on identifying and planning improvements to long-term access to and from the corridor, not adding additional capacity (travel lanes on US 18/151).
Environmental Study completed May 2014, with construction activity in Ridgeway scheduled for 2017. (see Study Section 2 on Maps pg. for details)
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, email@example.com
Last modified: October 1, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.