Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Madison Beltline Pavement Repairs (Fish Hatchery - I-39/90) - Fast facts
|View SW, Madison Beltline Pavement Repairs (Fish Hatchery - I-39/90) - Madison, Dane County in a larger map.|
Madison Beltline (US 12/18), Fish Hatchery to I-39/90, in Madison, Dane County.
- WisDOT will be making pavement improvements along the Beltline between Fish Hatchery and the Interstate.
- Construction is scheduled to begin mid-April
and be completed in the fall.
- Mid-April to fall 2014
- Construction staging
- Detour routes for John Nolen Dr. ramp closure and Rimrock Rd. interchange left turn restrictions
- Park St. lane split (perspective illustration)
- All lanes on US 12/18 to remain open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- Nightly lane closures to occur after 7 p.m.
- Lanes will be narrowed and shifted to create room for
- Temporary nighttime ramp closures will be required at the ramps between Fish Hatchery Road and Stoughton Road.
- Message boards will be placed on the ramps to notify the public of upcoming ramp closures at least 3 days in advance.
- Longer-term ramp closures and/or turn restrictions will be
required at Park St., Rimrock Rd. and John Nolan Dr. for the
duration indicated below (exact dates to be announced). Message
boards will be placed on the ramps to notify drivers approximately
one week in advance.
- Southbound John Nolen Dr. to eastbound US 12 entrance ramp: One month
- Southbound Park St. to eastbound US 12 entrance ramp: One month
- Northbound US 14 to westbound US 12 entrance ramp: One month
- Northbound I-39/90 to westbound US 12 loop entrance ramp: Four consecutive night closures, non-weekend
- Traffic congestion is expected due to narrow lanes and shifting traffic patterns. Motorists are urged to slow down in the work.
David Layton, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright St.
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: June 9, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.